Gallagher Solar Panel | 20 Watt Framed
20 Watt Solar Panel
- 20 Watt
- Powers Gallagher B280 Solar
- Delivers maximum performance in all light conditions
|Dimensions:||About 20" / 17" / 2"|
Components of a Gallagher Solar PowerFence™ system
Gallagher has a range of battery energizers that are suitable for solar installation
This can be in a portable application e.g. Powerbox B100, or a permanent application eg B700 Solar.
The size of your solar panel will depend on:
- Energizer size and power setting.
- Geographic location.
- Level of usage: Full Year, Summer, or Spring/Summer/Autumn.
The key consideration in choosing a battery for a Solar POWER FENCE™ System is the battery type and capacity (amp hours). There must be sufficient capacity to reliably power the energizer during Winter or reduced light conditions. The recommended battery type is a deep cycle (also called leisure or marine) battery.
How to Set the Tilt Angle for the Solar Panel
- The solar panel should be set to face the Equator, i.e. North in Southern Hemisphere / South in Northern Hemisphere.
- The tilt angle of the panel is measured from the horizontal. A minimum of 15° tilt angle is recommended to minimise the build-up of dust and dirt and to allow rain to wash the surface clean.
The angle required depends on the seasonal use and the latitude of the site.
- Full year use: Tilt = Latitude + 15°
- Summer use: Tilt = Latitude - 12°
- Spring/Summer/Autumn use: Tilt = Latitude + 15°
Tilt angle recommendations are shown on both sides of the Sunshine Contour maps.
Handy hint: When set correctly, the panel will create its largest shadow at midday on the shortest day of its use.